Amazon Kindle e-readers enable you to read any book with ease and comfort as you can read your book anywhere; be it at home or while traveling. Further, you don’t need to carry heavy books with you when go out of station as Kindle e-reader is a lightweight device that you can easily carry and allows you to read any book anytime.
You can use Whispersync to synchronize your content on a Kindle or Fire device to another Kindle/Fire device without using any type of additional tools. Whispersync is an Amazon’s technology that backs up your content as well as in the Cloud on the apps and devices that are supported by this technology. This allows you to access your content and pick up from where, you have discontinued on another supported devices and apps. However, to do this, the device or app should be registered to the same Amazon account.
You Can Use Whispersync in the Following Content Categories:
- Your personal documents that have been converted to Kindle format
- Books that you have downloaded from the Kindle Store
- Audiobooks obtained from Audible.com
- Magazines and newspapers from the Kindle Store.
- Prime Videos
- Games and Apps from Amazon Apps store
Synchronizing Your Personal Documents and Books Automatically
With Whispersync, you can catch up from the same line, where you left off on any other device, when both the devices have been registered to the same Amazon account. For Books, Whispersync is enabledby default. Plus, it allows you to check your highlights, bookmarks and notes that were made on the previous device, registered to the very same account. Apart from this, Whispersync syncs all your annotations regarding personal documents that are changed into Kindle format and the last page youhaveread on anysupported device.
You can enable or disable Whispersync on your device by following these steps:
- First, you need to visit Manage Your Content and Devices
- Once you go to that page, choose the Settings tab from there.
- Now, you can set the Whispersync Device Synchronization settings to ON or OFF, located under Device Synchronization (Whispersync Settings).
Ensure the Following for Successful Synchronization
In order to automate the syncing of your content across your Kindle & Fire devices and Kindle reading applications, make sure your device is continuously connected to a wireless network. When you put your gadget into sleep mode and not turning it off, it doesn’t disable the Internet connection.
- Once you have finished reading a book, always make sure to go back to the Home screen on the Kindle or Fire device.
- In order to see your notes, highlights and bookmarks on other devices, you need to back up your annotations.
Automatic Back up of Bookmarks, Highlights & Notes
You can also automatically back up all your highlights, notes and bookmarks to the Kindle Library in the Cloud. Thereafter, you can access them from any other Kindle e-reader device, Fire tablet or Kindle reading application as long as they are registered to the same account.
On Amazon Fire tablets, Annotations Backup is self-enabled and there are no options to disable it. However, you can enable or disable Annotation Backup on Kindle reading apps and Kindle e-readers devices. Do you think web design is too impact for your business when you go for amazing products sells? If you want you can contact the web design city for further discussion.
Follow the below-given steps to back up your book highlights, notes and bookmarks on your Kindle reading application and e-reader devices:
- First, you need to make sure that Whispersync is enabled on your device.
- Now, on your Kindle reading app or e-reader device, navigate to the Home screen and then, tap on the Menu icon or After this, choose Settings from the menu. In case you have Kindle Paperwhite (5th Gen.) or Kindle Touch (4th Gen.), then choose Reading Options.
- Now, ensure that Annotations Backup optionis in the ON
At times, Amazon Kindle or Amazon Fire, users come across technical problems with their devices, and many times, they may be unable to fix them on their own. In this case, Amazon Kindle customer service plays a significant role by providing immediate help to resolve various Kindle or Fire issues in no time.